Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cute, Handsome, Studly, Beautiful, Georgeous.....

They are mine, so I can use all of those adjectives to describe them, but I think others may think they are at least cute! I have been practicing with my new 85mm lens pretty diligently so I can get comfortable enough to use it in a shoot. These are a few of my practice shots from today. Both were taken on the carport. Technically, I know the pic of Will has some pretty distracting background stuff going on, but I'm OK with that! I've been working on new black and white conversions as well, so I thought I'd try those at the same time. For anyone who cares, both of these conversions were done using a grayscale conversion, than a curves adjustment, levels, a slight soft light layer and a bit of color to give them a chocolate finish. Now that I've bored you all to death...

I'm so anxious to see who this new little one will look like. So many people tell me how much Zac and Will are alike, and I never disagree, as to not be offensive, but I don't think they are alike at all! Zac is all Swenson, to me. He looks so much like Ann through his eyes that it's hard for me to see anyone else! I do see lots of Nate in Zac, but Nate looks more like Ann to me than any of the other Dart boys. It's so funny how we all see different things, but I'm just telling you how I see it! No matter who he looks like, I can see that he is beautiful inside and out. He is so tender and kind. He gets embarrassed sooo easily and wants everyone to love and accept him. He tries so hard to be a good boy and is so hurt when he realizes he's messed up! He loves to ask about anything and everything, "Mom, why did Heavenly Father make......" Sometimes I can answer and sometimes I have say that I don't know! One thing he's really concerned with lately is why Heavenly Father allows people to do bad things. We talk daily about free agency and our right to choose and make decisions. He's only four now, so I'm wondering what kind of discussions we'll be having when he's ten?

Then there's my little Willy. Emily hit the nail of the head today. She said that Will looks like mine and Kyle's faces morphed together! At times I see so much Kyle in him, but other times, I really do see myself in his expressions and features. He is definitely a Dart looking boy, but I like to think there's a little Hancock shining through, as well. Will and Zac are such different animals. Zac is overly affectionate. I feel pretty lucky if I get a good hug a day from Will. Now, he'll dish the love out to my mama, but he's a little stingy with his affections. He is much more introverted than Zac, but once you're "in" with him, you're "in." He loves Uncle Tommy and he loves baseball. He loves it more than Zac. It is in his bones. It amazes me that a two year old can watch and completely understand a baseball game, from start to finish. There's no way I can explain to you, unless you've seen it in action, his love for the game.

Will can also throw a tantrum with the best of them, but I think we're finally getting that under wraps. I am so lucky to have good, sweet boys. Kyle and I try so hard to teach them to be kind, so I can only hope it is sinking in. Parenting is hard stuff, but also the greatest stuff on earth. If you want to know the name of boy #3, just ask Will. Eventually you'll figure it out!

16 comments:

Wendi said...

I agree with all your adjectives!
They are the cutest!

I think you have already mastered the new lens. Beautiful shots.
Please continue to "bore" me with your photography jargon.

I do agree your boys look different. I think Zac is the one that has both of your features. I can see Hancock in him. Will...well, he looks like Kyle just spit him out. (much the way Chad did with my Claire) I guess we all see things differently. If only I could see things through your creative eyes... if only that could be taught. Count your many blessings Aly. You just took a picture of two of them.

* I love the name of boy #3. I especially like the way Will says it. Too cute!

howelltree said...

Beautiful pictures of the boys Aly!!! You are really becoming an amazing photographer. I still LOVE the pictures you took of my family before you guys moved. Miss you lots and lots!

Ann said...

I'm doing my usual 2:30 a.m. computer browse, and seeing these pictures brings tears to my eyes. They are such beautiful boys, and I miss them so much. Aly, your words touch my heart, too. I definitely agree that Zac is "deep" beyond his years and openly tender and affectionate, and though Will is harder to get "in" with, I love his intriguing personality and individuality. They are both good boys, and you and Kyle are raising them well. I am so glad you all are coming next week because I am definitely in need of some hugs and kisses from my Carolina kids!

P.S. Aly, you're an amazing photographer...

Allison Bernauer said...

I am still laughing from the last time I asked Will the new baby's name. They are both adorable and I am so happy I get to see you and your beautiful family on a regular basis!! The pictures, as always, are fabulous!!

The Nielsen Family said...

Hey Aly!!! I saw that you posted a comment on my blog. It is so good to hear from you!
My laws girl you have beautiful boys! You take incredibly beautiful pictures of them!
I have to say that I have always loved photography. My dad was a pi and left me so many fun cameras, lenses and gadgets but I don't know how to use them!!!! Jordan just bought me the canon rebel xsi for mothers day and I am sure I could do amazing things with it but I am just not sure where to start. Did you just pick up a book and start reading?

Anika said...

Awww! Cute post. Whatever #3 looks like... he'll be adorable!

Higginson Family said...

Aly those pictures are so cute! I read that ann said you are coming to Utah so if you have time I would love for you to take pictures of my kids. By the way how are things going I never hear from anyone so I thought if I start blogging I could read and catch up. I can't wait to see baby Dart #3. Go to my blog and you can see my sweet baby Lia I don't think you have seen her yet.

Peppers Clan said...

Aly I don't care if they are yours they are cute, handsome, studly, beautiful and gorgeous!! Keep taking those wonderful pictures because I love to see them!

Hales Family said...

Wow Aly those picutres are amazing. Your boys are just beautiful. And you are such a great photographer. You and Kyle are such good parents. I don't know if you remember going to dinner with us right after Ryder was born, but you told us some advice and Brad still quotes you. Keep taking pictures of your boys and posting them. They are the cutest!!

Barney Family said...

Aly I think your photos and words describe your boys perfectly. I love how ZAc has this inquisitive look on his face and I am sure the questions are going to get harder, knowing Zac. Kyle told Jason about the conversation they had in the car about him and Mckinley-- Jason and I just laughed and laughed. See you soon, Kellie

Heidi said...

your boys are so cute! I can't even believe Will likes baseball more than Zac I did't think that was possible. I can't wait to see you guys soon. I got your message I will be glad to do your hair.

Allison Bernauer said...

Hey. When you get back from your trip the boys must come down to the camp and do the waterslide! It is so fun. Have a good trip. Love you, Al

Barney Family said...

Hey Aly, no my hair isn't purple and I never noticed that before until you said something and it does look purple. It wasn't like that in the picture, I don't know if is the site or what. Freaky!

Can't wait to see you, Kellie

Cheryl said...

What sweet little boys you have. From the inside out they are just lovely. Little Zac has such a kind heart. It's hard when they start wondering how the world can be a cruel place when they only see the goodness in things.

Will is so darling. I love that he is so obsessed with baseball. His dad must love that. I keep finding my Josh watching Sports Center when no one is around. He also has his mitt on his hand 90% of the day tossing a baseball to himself.

All I know is baby #3 will be handsome, just like his brothers. And he will be different. They just come pre-programmed. And I wouldn't have it any other way!

Shelley Reid said...

I am not bored by your technical info about the picture - I would love to hear more!

If you are going to be in Utah a while I would love it if you would take our family picture. I will have to try and get a hold of you before you leave.

Shelley Reid said...

I just looked at your calendar and realized you are leaving this weekend. Oh well! I hope you had fun!