Friday, May 30, 2008

Completely Random...

Yesterday was a beautiful day. It was a little cooler than is typical for this time of year, so yesterday evening was so nice and pleasant - except for the gnats! Grandma and Pa had just finished cutting the grass, so it made a perfect outfield for fly ball practice. Zac and Will love for Pa to hit ground balls, throw pop flies, throw batting practice, and any other thing that has to do with baseball. I asked Zac if he was ready to go inside (because of the gnats), and he said, "I could stay out here forever!"

Saturday night was Joel and Lauren's reception. This picture was last minute and thrown together, but it has our whole clan in it, so it works! If you haven't noticed, the wedding colors were purple and gold - ECU colors. As I was looking at this picture, I realized that all of the adults in our family have attended ECU at some point. Of course, ma and pa met there in the library and that's where it all began. Emily and Joella and their husbands are all ECU grads. I went there for my freshman year before transferring to BYU and Kyle finished up his last few courses there to get his bachelors before law school. Leah and Rodney are both ECU alumni. Lauren was a ECU cheerleader and Joel just finished up one degree there and will be starting his next in June. Mike just barely transferred out to BYU, but put in his two years as a Pirate before heading out west. So, I guess it was quite appropriate that we were all donning the purple and gold!

9 comments:

Katie said...

purty family!:)

Allison Bernauer said...

Go Pirates...there's just something about an ECU family!! But, isn't your dress a little on the blue side? ha ha ha Personal Joke! We had a good time at the reception. Let's get together next week for dinner. Love ya!

Jami & Boys said...

congrats Lauren and Joel! i don't think Lauren could have married into a better family!

Wendi said...

Could the grass be greener?
Could your boys be cuter?
Could your family be any more wonderful?

I seriously want to come play baseball. Those pictures are fabulous! I need some more "photoshopping with Aly 101".
Have a great weekend!

kim said...

So your boys are still into baseball huh? That is great. I bet they are good. When is the baby due and what is its sex? we are expecting a boy in August. time sure flies.

Wendi said...

Aly, shoot me an email with your email address on it. I will send you the link to the site I spoke of yesterday. I hope everyone is well today... no more excitement on the way home I hope!

chadnwendi(at) gmail(dot) com
or
wendih(at)suddenlink(dot)net

Kelli Schwarz said...

What cute little boys! I love that they would sacrifice anything to stay outside and play ball. How fun to have a wedding in the family. Her pictures look so beautiful! You do such an amazing job.

Barney Family said...

Aly, I love these pictures of the kids. Your kids are going to miss your mom and dad when you get your house. We are so excited to see you guys, I know I have said this many times but, it is true. Tell ZAc to gear up for the DONS camp. He can come watch Mckay the Friday you get here.

Kellie

Lindsay said...

What a great looking bunch! ;)