Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Bunny, T-Ball, and Other Stuff

On Saturday we had an Easter Egg Hunt at church. It was our privilege to have the Easter Bunny come and do the Bunny Hop with all of the kids and have his picture taken with each of them. He was such a good sport. He thought the costume would cover his face until he put it on and it didn't! Pa said he had no idea the Easter Bunny had facial hair! Over 70 kids showed up and I think they all had a great time playing games, hunting eggs, and having a cookout. While Mike was in Thailand on his mission, he had to be Santa Claus for an event, so he lots of practice!
Yesterday was Zac's first official T-Ball practice and he was literally beside himself all day long. I tried to convince him that full uniform wasn't necessary for practice, but he would have nothing of it. He had to wear it all. He had a wonderful time and he made some new friends on his team. Several of his cousins are on his team, so they all had a great time practicing with Uncle Kevin. Kevin is so nice and patient with the kids. There are also several kids from our ward on their team. They all had a good time. We just have to convince Zac that he doesn't have to take it quite so seriously! He said it was amazing, so I think it'll be a fun season. Will isn't actually on the team, but how could I tel the poor boy who's getting ready to go in for surgery that he can't wear his uniform and play, too!?

Jake had a good time sitting in the infield while they took batting practice until he got hit in the head with a ball! He decided to move after that.
Grant just had a good time hanging out with his friends. It was so good to see him out there enjoying it and playing just like everyone else.
Riley was a little timid, but he had a good time. When he batted, he was smokin' the ball!
This is a picture of the team, minus Riley. He'd had enough by the end.
Today we are going to New Bern to take Will to his pre-op before his surgery on Friday. Zac has requested to stay home with his cousins. I just had to say the word "hospital," and he said he'd rather stay home. I've talked to so many people who have been through this with their kids and they seem to have had a pretty easy time, so I'm optimistic that Will's surgery will be uneventful, as well. His itching seems to be improving since we now know what's causing it. We've discovered rice flour, gluten free cereal, and all kinds of good stuff. We also found out he's very allergic to cats, so I guess my decision to never have a pet has been reaffirmed! He's also on a combination of singulair and allegra now that seems to be working. He's such a sweet boy and complains so little.

10 comments:

Wendi said...

I love Mike as the Easter Bunny! I knew he did a mean "HAKA"(sp?)...but who knew all the talents of the Hancock family? Does he hire out?

T- Ball.... what memories! I will be reliving them next year with Cole. Can't wait! My favorite shot is of Will with his batting glove on...priceless! All the kids are too precious. Good luck with the surgery. We will keep Will in our prayers.

Jami & Boys said...

i'd love to see zac in full action! we're getting ready to sign mac up for t-ball and his soccer season is getting ready to start -- we're hoping for a more successful year than last!

Rachel said...

Aly!
I just found your blog through Rachael Walker, and I am so glad! Thank you so much for sending us a Christmas card. It was so wonderful to get an update on you guys, and your family picture was so nice. I love your blog. You have become quite the photographer, and all your pictures of your boys are darling. Congratulations on number 3! When do you find out gender? We miss you guys. Will you be coming out here any time soon, maybe to see Greg and Lisa's sweet baby? Anyway, so fun to find a way to stay in touch with you guys. I hope you don't mind if I link you on my blog and check in on you on a regular basis.
Rachel

Rachel said...

Oh, our blog is samandrachelmiller.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.

Barney Family said...

So I love Mike in the Easter bunny outift! How much did you have to pay him?

Your boys look like regular chippers out there.

Good Luck with the Will! Let me know how everything works out.

The Robinson Family said...

Aly-
Luke also had the tonsil/adenoidectomy/tubes surgery and it is hard to see them under anesthesia but trust me... it is so worth it. Luke no longer gets ear infections(knock on wood), no longer snores like a 60 year old man and overall we have less doctor's visits. We had the tubes/adenoids done seperately and that was a piece of cake but the tonsils take a while for them to get over.
Good Luck!
JoAnna

Anonymous said...

Mike is so cute! I hope the surgery goes well you will have to keep us posted. Tell him we love him.

Heidi said...

Sorry, Tell Will that we love him. I guess I should read my comment before I publish it.

Lauren said...

Get better soon sweet lil Will! Did I mention I love it when he talks? You probably hear him all the time but when I'm there he doesn't say much(compared to Zacker) but when he does it's always something really cute! I will keep you guys in my prayers.
xo

Cheryl said...

So many great pictures. I loved them all! Glad you had a great Easter.

Baseball is in full swing here. My boys have about 3 practices a week. I am ready for the games to begin because there will be less shuttling them around.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Good luck with the surgery. We'll say a little prayer for Will.