Monday, August 27, 2007

Oh, Happy Day!

I guess you can probably tell from the title of this post that today's letter from the North Carolina State Bar of Examiners was a good one! All of the worrying is over and it is official, Kyle is now a lawyer. I did not doubt whether or not he would pass, but I have to admit that my hands were trembling and my heart was pounding as I opened the letter to read to him over the phone. It read, "Dear Mr. Dart, Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you......"

We cried tears of joy and chatted briefly, then I went downstairs to tell mama the good news. Kyle called back a couple of minutes later to have me read it to him again! He wanted me to check the fine print and make sure it really said he passed.

He worked so hard and studied so much. He was blessed and rewarded for his preparation. He is such a good husband and father. I really could not ask for more. I feel so blessed to have him forever!

I snapped this picture the other day when he got home from work. I thought it was appropriate for this post.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We are so happy for your family and we are so glad you are kiving here! Love ya, Al

Anonymous said...

That should have been living here! ha ha

Lindsay said...

What fabulous news! Congrats to Kyle! He is going to make such a great lawyer. Hope to see you guys soon--when I get back to NC of course!

howelltree said...

It's officially over!!! It is such a relief to be done with the bar and on to bigger and better things. I'm so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Aly, I am so happy for you guys. It ain't been easy but well worth the time and money! I thought it was funny what Joel said in his blog about how Kyle was "the pathetic loser" because he was 25+ without a job but now Joel has taken over the title. bless heart haha. I love you guys to death and can't wait to see ya. ~Lauren

Jami & Boys said...

hey, hash talked to kyle, but i also wanted to congratulate you guys! way to go, kyle -- i'm so happy for your whole family! have fun in utah and we'll hope to see you soon!

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

Congratulations Kyle! You have worked hard and it's now paying off.

I have run into your Mom from time to time and always tell her to pass along a hello from me to you and your family.

I have kept up with your family by your blog over the past few months, but never left a comment. I link to it from Kellie's blog.

Aly, I love the photos you take, you are truly a gifted photographer. And your boys are beautiful. They have so much Dart in them.

It's hard to believe so many years have passed when I would run into you in Springville when Rich was with that tennis start up. Now we all have kids and careers. Life keeps moving on by.

Sounds like things are really going well for you and I'm so pleased. Congrats again!

Cheryl Nance Jackson

PS I have a sign in blog since I tend to gush about my kids. If you want you can send me your email address at cnjackson@hotmail.com and I'll mail you a link. My address is cherylandrich.blogspot.com