Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Think I See A Trend

I have a lot of friends with a lot of kids.

Most of them have had a baby within the past year or so.

So, now I will list them and see if you see the trend I'm talking about.

Kristen: Girl, girl, girl

Becca: Boy, boy, boy

Jami: Boy, boy, boy

Rachael: Girl, girl, girl

Tiffany: Boy, boy, boy

Kelli S: Boy, boy, boy

Cheryl: Boy, boy, boy, girl, girl

I come from quite a gigantic family. So does Kyle. Here's another manifestation of "the trend."

Susan (my mother): Girl, girl, girl, girl, boy, boy

Ann (Kyle's mother): Boy, boy, boy, boy, boy

Helen (Kyle's grandmother): Girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, boy, girl

Sharee (Kyle's aunt): Girl, girl, girl, boy

Kellie (Kyle's cousin): Boy, boy, boy

Bertha (my great-grandmother): Girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl. girl, girl, boy

Leah (my sister): Boy, boy, boy

Sister (my aunt): Boy, boy, boy

Nola (my aunt): Girl, girl, girl, boy

Thelma (my aunt): Boy, boy, boy, boy, girl

Lana (my cousin): Girl, girl, girl

Rachel (my cousin): Boy, boy, boy

Becky (my sister-in-law's mother): Girl, girl, girl, boy

Julie (my cousin's wife): Boy, boy, boy, girl, girl

I have a great doctor. I was discussing this trend with her yesterday as I was having my ultrasound.

Dr. D'Andrea: Girl, girl, girl

Now, I know this is not a scientifically proven theory, but I am definitely seeing a trend here amongst the people I know.

If you haven't quite picked up on the trend yet, for those who already had two babies of the same sex, the third was the same sex. I know that eventually many of them went on to have a baby of the other sex, but IF the first two were the SAME, then the THIRD was also the SAME.

So without further ado..............meet baby Dart #3.



Yes, it is a boy. No, I am not surprised. No, I am not disappointed. Yes, I a very happy. Yes, I think I'm a good boy mom.

So there.

Amendment

I totally failed to think about my mom's side of the family. Here's their stats:


Faye (my grandma): Girl, girl, girl

Aunt Gladys: girl, girl, girl

Aunt Doris: girl, girl, girl

Great-grandmother Ada: girl, girl, girl

Only more proof that my theory is, in fact, correct!

Amendment#2

James' grandma: girl, girl, girl, girl, girl

Jami J.: girl, girl, girl

Tiffany Z: boy, boy, boy, boy

Karen W.: girl, girl, girl

It's craziness!

18 comments:

Anika said...

You crack me up! I'm so glad you included Becky in your list. I was reading through the trends and was like "Hey... my mom had a similar... wait... that's my mom!" lol! I am so excited for you guys... nothing better than a little Dart boy, eh? Although next go around you're bound to have a girl ;)

The Robinson Family said...

Congrats Aly! I think you make a great boy mom as well. I hope you are feeling better too!

Cloward Family said...

Congrats!!! There's nothing like having a boy! :) Just think... now you can milk the "being the only girl" thing a little longer!! Definitely works to your advantage!

We love ya!

howelltree said...

What a fun post! It's so interesting to map it out like that. I was thinking you would be having another boy :) Congrats!!!

Rachael said...

How exciting, Aly! I had a feeling you were having another boy. There does seem to be a pretty strong trend. Congratulations! You are a great mom of boys.

Aly said...

Thanks so much to all of you. JoAnna, as I was reading your comment, I realized that Sharon also fits my trend. I think I really have something going here!

leah said...

so TWO TIMES today, i've thought i've posted a message!!!! i think the first time i just hit preview, then the second time i was SURE that i hit submit?! what the heck?! LOL!

i've been wracking my brain all day trying to think of someone with either boy boy girl or girl girl boy, and can't think of any! LOL!

the missionary population after about 2021 is going to explode, is it not?

love you aly! huge congrats again! :)

Wendi said...

I am no relation.... but I had boy, girl, boy. I am DONE!

Congratulations!!! Doesn't your husband want a little league team anyway? So, there you have it... 3down... 6 more to go. Should be no problem. I will be cheering for you!

Auger Family said...

Hey Aly I don't know if you even remember me. Kellie Lundell Shepherd is my sis-in-law and I used to hang out with Joel and Mike when they came out. Anyway I found your blog from someones...:) I just wanted to say I completely agree with the trend. I started thinking about my family and that is totally how it is. Your boys are darling. you can check out my blog at augerfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Love, Katie

The Moyers said...

Congratulations! I hope that I'm the mom of all boys...I love my two little guys, and hope that in the future the trend continues here! Oh yeah, we moved to a cute little house in Parker, just across and up from the Mainstreet building-I LOVE walking to church! So fun to read about your family!

Cheryl said...

Woo Hoo! Another rough and tumble, baseball loving, baby boy! I love just love boys. I guess that's what happens when you have 5 brothers and then 3 of your own! I was very happy that my boys fell in a row. It's perfect and will give them the opportunity to share so much of life, doing the same activities/sport teams and have them all crammed in one room. It's perfect.

Now my house is starting to fill with glitter, baby strollers, dolls, Barbies, bags and shoes and I'm wondering what I've gotten myself into!

Congrats on baby #3. You're half way there.

PS Thanks for the story about Kyle and his arm. I am sorry his progressed so rapidly and needed such serious medical attention. Thankfully the antibiotics kicked in fast on Josh's and we narrowly were able to void cutting it open to drain. I really don't think he could have handled that!

Also, any chance you are coming to Utah this summer? I'll be in town in July for my brother Brad's wedding. It would be so fun if you and if Kellie was there if we could meet up for lunch. Here's to dreaming right?

Jami & Boys said...

I love it -- the fact that you're having another boy, the post, your sweet attitude, everything! Congrats Aly and Kyle. You have such darling little boys, why stop? Love You!

Allison said...

Hey I am like Leah, I thought I posted yesterday but I guess not. Korey's mom breaks the cycle she had boy, boy, girl. I cannot be in your poll because I am a freak that had 2 kids at once, boy and girl! Ha Ha. I am so happy for you and can't wait to see that baby boy.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and have peeked in a time or two; had to comment this time as I've always been somewhat "obsessed" with genetics and such trends; partly because I am adopted and an only child (who longed for tons of siblings, especially a big brother).

Looks like some pretty convincing stats you've gathered there! I did the GBG thing like Wendi and would have loved to keep on except for C sections;

Funny note: my youngest always heard me comment how I so wanted 7 kids growing up (4 Boys and 3 Girls); but I had only had 3 since I had c sections.

One day she overheard a discussion on how the "Lord never puts more on us than we can handle." At the ripe old age of 4 she said to me, "Mom, I know now why you had c sections. Cause Heavenly Father knew you couldn't handle more than 3 children!" Gee thanks Lauren for the vote of confidence!

Snow Jones

The Millers said...

You are so cute! What a fun post. And a fun way to introduce us to your new little guy. Have you thought about names yet? Congratulations you guys.

Tiffany said...

Hey Aly - I talked to Kellie today and she told me you're having your 3rd boy! Congrats! Honestly, my 3rd boy gets away with murder...he is just so stinkin cute, and such a sweetheart. There's something about that 3rd child! I know that's not really what you want to hear....but, I just had to tell you that you can update your "trend" list with more proof, because we just found out this morning that we're having our 4th boy. Yep - it really is a strange gender phenomenon! At least we can see that we're not alone! Good luck! We'll have to keep in touch over the years and serve as each others therapists! :)

Tiff

Lindsay said...

Congrats Aly on another little boy on the way! I didn't even realize you were pregnant when I saw you the other day. You look great! I hope you and your family are doing well! Take care!

Jami said...

Aly, congratulations! I am, of course, not surprised as Ellis and I have long thought this theory held true with almost everyone we know.

My mom (who is the 3rd daughter, just like me): girl, girl, girl, boy, boy

HER mom: girl, girl, girl, boy, boy, girl, girl

Ellis says he's not holding out for 5 or 7 kids just so he can get a boy, though!