Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Zac and Will


My two little guys have done and said some of the cutest things lately. I'm blogging about it for two reasons. One is to share with you how wonderful my children are and two, so I won't forget over time all of these cute things.

It all starts when Will wakes up at about 7:45 every morning and the first thing he says is, "Hey, Mom. Game?" When he says "game" he is referring to the XBox college baseball game. He just wants me to put it on automatic play and he watches it and pretends to be the players; fielding ground balls, pitching, batting, running the bases, sliding, etc. Whenever a player gets a hit, he yells, "He hit that ball!" Then he runs around in a circle a few times, slides, and yells, "Safe!" This entire scene is re-enacted several times a day. It's hilarious.

Then Zac gets up and at about 8:30 or 9:00. When I say, "Good morning, Zac," his immediate reply is, "Mom, I'm NOT Zac, I'm Jay Cutler!" He wastes no time before he gets into full Jay Cutler attire (see a previous post for pictures), and starts running plays with his entire imaginary team. He gets into position, looks to the right and yells, "Blue 22," looks to the left, "Blue 22, hike, hike!" Then he takes off, dodging tackles, avoiding collisions, and finally falls down, as if he's finally been run down by his opponent. It's a site to see.

Last night, I went to work out and while I was gone, Will pulled our Christmas tree over on top of him. Kyle said he heard something and ran into the living room to find Will peaking out from under the tree! And yes, I have already put my Christmas tree up. I haven't been able to put one up for the last five years for different reasons, so Kyle and I decided on Saturday morning we wanted to go ahead and get the Christmas season started. We both love the Holidays and we love Christmas music. We have a rule that after Halloween, Christmas is free game. I love the fall and Thanksgiving. My birthday is in November and often falls on Thanksgiving Day. It is my favorite time of year! Anyway- I redecorated the tree this morning and Will have been warned!

Zac is full of funny statements these days. He is constantly saying, "For the love of Pete!" I have no idea where he got that from, but he cracks me up when he says it. He planned his own surprise birthday party a couple of weeks ago! It was quite the spectacle. He's a funny boy.

I'll stop gushing. I'm just a proud mama. I hope these stories make you smile. My boys keep a smile on my face all the time.

Aly

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Aly, I love your boys!

Cheryl said...

What cute little boys. Rough and tumble through and through. And your pictures are beautiful. I've said it before, but you have a real talent.

I love that you have your tree up. I am counting down the days (2 weeks, 2 days). I don't dare get it out any earlier. I really don't know how Brynn and Kaitlyn are going to do with that big of temptation right in the middle of the living room.

Thanks for sharing. Your stories put a smile on my face as well!

Anonymous said...

Those are some mighty purdy little boys!

~Lauren

Barney Family said...

Aly these pictures are so cute! That zachy man, I hope he will give Mckinley the time of day when he get older. I also love this song on your playlist. It has been fun talking with you on the phone lately! I am always a phone call away when you need to vent!!!

Kellie

Aly said...

Cheryl, Send me an invite so I can see your blog. My email is alyhdart@yahoo.com. I don't think I could do a tree this early in your case, either!! I only have two kids and I feel like I have a handful! Aly

Anika said...

I'm with you on the Christmas music! After Halloween- Christmas is free game (just not before), and the fact that you have your Christmas tree up is amazing.

howelltree said...

Man, those boys are growing up so fast! They are getting so handsome.

Lisa said...

What sweet boys you have. You make me excited for mine to be able to talk and say funny things. It looks like you're raising little sports addicts, too!

You take such phenomenal pictures. I can't wait for you to take pictures of Jake!

A New Life Student said...

Hey Aly! This is Ashley(Anderson) it has been years since I have seen you! I saw your blog through Nikell's and I just have to tell you how adorable your boys are!! They are seriously so cute! I always knew your kids would be. I hope all is going well for you and your cute family!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are adorable. And your pictures are breath taking. Would you mine terribly me asking what kind of camera you have? I love to take pictures of my kids and I would really like to get a new camera. Right now I have a Sony Cybershot but I am looking to upgrade. I really hope you don't mind me asking. My e-mail address is Tookie19932001@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
LeeAnn Guthrie

Anonymous said...

mind

I never proofread

LeeAnn

Cody and Nikell said...

Hi Aly! I love those pictures of your boys!

I've been meaning to send you an invite but I'm a slacker so I will send one right now!

Anonymous said...

Aly...I love hearing about your cute boys. They make me think of my own little ones. I am sure they would be great little buddies. Your pictures are out of this world. Maybe someday when you come to Utah I can set up an appointment to get some pictures. You are soooo talented with photography! I love that your boys are baseball players already. It's so cute!

Lindsay said...

Hi Aly! Cute blog! Your boys are so big, too! So grownup. They're both very handsome. I'm glad you found us; now I can keep up with how you're doing.

leigh anna said...

happy birthday aly!
hope you hvae an awesome day!!

oh---and i love this post! :)

mandy carroll said...

GORGEOUS shots, Aly!! Your boys are so handsome!!