Monday, November 19, 2007

Remembering the Summer

Well, cool weather is finally upon us. I was looking back through some of the pictures I took this summer and never got around to sharing or editing. I found these from our trip to Utah at the end of the summer, so I thought I'd share.

We had so much fun on our trip. We spent nearly all of our time with Grandpa and Nic. We took daily walks to the cemetery and we visited out on the porch of the cabin for several hours one evening. Kyle's uncle, Paul R., is hilarious. He tells the funniest stories. One of the pics is of him and Nic as we all sat around visiting.


We tried to go to the zoo one day with Nic but the funniest thing happened. We went to eat at Cafe Rio and Nic showed us around the area in Salt Lake where he has lived for the past couple of years, then we headed up to the zoo. It was just a normal Thursday, so we thought. As we drove up to zoo, we noticed there weren't very many cars there, but we parked and started to walk up and we were met by a security guard. Here's the conversation:

Security Guard: Are you guys coming to the zoo?

Nic: We sure are (kinda in the tone of voice that said, "well, we are parked at the zoo and walking up to the zoo, so we are probably going to the zoo."

Security Guard: Well, the zoo's closed today.

Kyle: Are you serious?

Security Guard: Yep, I'm serious.

Nic: Oh, so do you close periodically for cleaning or something?

Security Guard: No, just today.

Kyle: Oh are you closed for a week or something for maintenance?

Security Guard: Nope, just today.

Nic: You mean to tell me that this is the first time I have tried to come to this zoo in over years, and it is closed, just for today?

Security Guard: Yep.

Nic: Well, you know what you call that don't you?

Security Guard: Uh, no.

Nic: That's just flat out, bad luck. (He actually said another word instead of bad, but I'll refrain from writing that in my blog!)

It was quite surreal. But, it was true, the zoo really was closed, so we went down to the planetariun instead. We saw a dinosaur 3-D IMAX show and the boys had a great time, even without the zoo!

Here are a few pics from that trip.


7 comments:

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

Hey Ali, it's Tiff. You are super sly...thanks! Sounds like you had a fun trip to Utah! Your blog is darling, and your kids are SO cute. I can't believe how big Zack is! I guess it HAS been a couple of years since we came to stay with you guys! That was fun! Talk to you soon!

Aly said...

Tiff, That was pretty ingenious of me, huh! It's so good to hear from you. You have such a cute family. I preiodically check your blog when I'm on Kellie's. Maybe over Christmas, we can all hang out sometime while we're in Utah. Aly

Cloward Family said...

Aly-

Sounds just like Nick... Sarcastic as ever! I miss hanging out with that kid! If you are coming out to Utah for Christmas, I would love it if you would take some family pics of Casey, me and Talon. Let me know if its possible!
Love ya!
Amberlee

leigh anna said...

aly, i love that story! i don't even know nic...but i honestly can envision the whole situation--which makes for the best stories! :)

hope you and yours are doing well...

Cheryl said...

Still laughing at the zoo fiasco. What a crazy thing to just have it closed for one day. That happened to us in Louisville once. We got to the Science Center only to find that it was closed just that day for training. We went to the zoo instead. Somethings you just can plan on.

Loved the pictures of your time back in Utah. I am sure Kyle's family loved having you close and hope you got to see lots of friends.

I am glad you liked my book list. I thought it was quite appropriate that Kyle is reading Uncle Tom's Cabin since his mom is an English teacher. Hope he liked it, but I would agree with you, it is a bit of a downer!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.