Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Zac's One-Liners

Zac is the funniest little boy. He reminds me sometimes of my brother-in-law, James, and here's why. James is smart, I mean really smart. He's a marine biologist for NOAA. Anyway, on a regular basis, James uses lots of big, sophisticated words. The cool thing is that these words are just a regular part of James' vocabulary. So, back to Zac. Zac learned to talk very early. He was singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" verbatim at 18 months. He remembers just about everything he hears (I've found that out by the occasional "what the h*** are you doing" he says to me. Who knows where he learned that!?). His new thing is his love for big words. For example, today we were going through a drive-thru car wash, and as we entered it, he said, "Mom, this is so interesting." I told him I thought it was interesting, too, and he responded by saying, "It really is fantastic!"

A few weeks ago we were driving home from church and he said, "Mom, I was so generous today." So I responded by asking how he had been generous to see if he really knew what that meant, and he said, "I shared my books and my fruit snacks with that boy who was sitting in front of us." I could share so many funny stories, but here's my favorite and I'll stop bragging. On Sunday afternoon after church, I put a movie on for him in my room so that I could hurry and cook dinner before having to leave for choir practice. He walked out of the room and said, "Mom, would you be so kind as to get me a drink of water?" I just started to laugh and I asked him where he learned that phrase, and he said he learned it at school. The child has never been to school, so I've yet to learn where he picked that up, but it's cute, nonetheless.

Will's not quite on the fast track for speaking like Zac was, but he is saying a few words. He's got so much personality, though. Needless to say, there's never a dull moment with Zac and Will around, and I love every minute of it. Well, almost every minute of it! Like 99.9 percent!


1 comment:

joellamorris said...

James says you must not know him very good (in reference to the "really smart" comment)! LOL!